One of the best parts of vacation is dining out at great restaurants. Luckily, there are plenty of incredible St. Augustine restaurants to explore. As America’s oldest city, we’ve certainly been around long enough to refine our tastes. So you’ll also find a lot of variation in the cuisine around St. Augustine, but it’s a delightful mashup of Southern comfort and tropical flavors. The town’s culinary traditions have been greatly influenced by the history here, so there are fantastic Spanish, Mediterranean, Cuban, and Latin styles present on the menus at the local St. Augustine restaurants around town.
St. Augustine has grown into quite the culinary destination as of late! Not only will you enjoy some of the best meals at these St. Augustine restaurants, but there’s an impressive array of food trucks and food festivals to explore as well. Chefs are drawn to this city on the Atlantic Coast for the bounty of fresh seafood, tropical fruits, and beautiful produce from local farms. You’re bound to enjoy unforgettable and super flavorful meals—many with stunning ocean views, rooftop dining, or outdoor seating.
Thankfully, as a guest at our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, FL, we take care of your breakfast each morning of your stay. Expect a hearty homemade morning meal with two hot entrees, changing daily, but always accompanied by baked breads, fresh fruit, and beverages. You’ll want to dine with us in the morning and then explore the St. Augustine restaurants for your lunch and dinner plans. Our seven tastefully-appointed guest rooms are the perfect retreat, and the big comfortable beds and en suite bathrooms will await your return. Start planning and book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, FL, today!
The 10 Best St. Augustine Restaurants this Year
Before you start making reservations around town at the best St. Augustine restaurants, check out this list of our favorite places for elegant dining, casual eats, and overall delicious meals. From seafood feasts and steak dinners to tacos and tapas, you’ll find it all here at the lively establishments around town, Don’t hesitate to ask us for even more recommendations when you stay with us!
Here are the top ten St. Augustine restaurants for dining out in 2023:
- O.C. White’s House: Tucked inside the historic Worth House circa 1790, this is one of the best St. Augustine restaurants for homemade crab cakes and fresh catch of the day.
- Preserved: If you’re craving southern comfort, James Beard-nominated chef Brian Whittington serves delicious dishes like shrimp and grits, bouillabaisse, and steamed mussels and frites. The porch seating is some of the best in the city.
- Mojo Old City Barbecue: One of the closest St. Augustine restaurants to our Bed and Breakfast, this downhome BBQ joint is as relaxed as it is scrumptious. Sit back, order the burnt ends, and listen to blues.
- St. Augustine Fish Camp: It’s all about fresh seafood at this fish house down by the marina. The lively spot is excellent for Southern favorites and watching the boats glide in and out of the bay.
- Forgotten Tonic: This is one of St. Augustine’s hidden gems! You’ll find American comfort food, classic and modern cocktails, and an extensive wine list. It’s just down the block from our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, FL!
- Columbia Restaurant: As one of the oldest St. Augustine restaurants, we recommend visiting this Spanish and Cuban-inspired eatery on St. George Street. It’s still impressive even after more than a century!
- Floridian: Take in this local establishment’s Southern-inspired atmosphere with tiki bar vibes. Their cheddar and veggie stuffed cornbread is a must-try dish. This is by far one of the best St. Augustine restaurants for vegetarian and vegan options.
- Ice Plant: This spot is considered one of the best places to get cocktails in St. Augustine! The building itself is historic and funky, but the menus are delicious. You’ll find locally sourced seafood and ingredients in farm-to-table style meals.
- River & Fort: If you want exceptional rooftop views right in the heart of St. Augustine, this is it! This is a great spot for a quick cocktail al fresco under an umbrella or an elegant seafood-focused meal in the main dining room.
- Casa Reina: At the foot of the Bridge of Lions, this Mexican and Latin-inspired restaurant serves inventive craft cocktails and modern platters for tacos with picturesque views. Don’t miss the amazing selection of tequilas!
Stay at the Best Bed and Breakfast St Augustine, FL
You’ll be delighted by our fresh scratch-made breakfast each morning (brunch on the weekends) included with your lodging rates at our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, FL, so you really must join us! And then head out to the best St. Augustine restaurants for your lunch and dinner plans. If you’re back in the afternoon, enjoying a break from exploring the attractions of the Oldest City, you’ll also want to pop by our lovely afternoon wine and cheese reception—it’s happy hour on us! It’s the best place to sip some wine and meet some of the other guests at our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, FL.
When you arrive at our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, you’ll first notice the distinct Mediterranean-Revival style with expansive bay windows, red tile roofs, and a stucco exterior. Inside, choice guest suites have balconies and arched doorways; the asymmetric layout creates unique spaces, some spacious and airy, while others are intimate and cozy. The historic neighborhood is the perfect place for a stroll to enjoy the diverse architecture of the area. Our location has a 100/100 walkability score on TripAdvisor, which is only overshadowed by our more than 600 five-star reviews from our past guests.
Unlike vacationing at large chain hotels, our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, FL, offers our valued patrons a long list of complimentary amenities. We don’t nickel and dime our guests—you’ll benefit from free parking, snack, and beverages throughout your stay, homemade desserts, decanters of sherry en-suite, and so much more. We can’t wait to host you for your next romantic getaway, friend’s trip, or a solo retreat to unwind and reset. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine today!