St. Augustine boat tours offer a unique way to see this Florida city that is sure to be a highlight of your time spent here! After exploring on foot all of the incredible historical sights of St. Augustine, getting out on the water will provide a new perspective of this ancient town. You’ll not only learn more history but will also learn about the ocean ecosystem here, as well as all about wildlife and birds that frequent the area. You may want to head out for a romantic sunset tour for an especially memorable time. St. Augustine boat tours will not disappoint!
Let our St. Augustine lodging be your ideal Florida getaway this season! Our bed and breakfast is situated right near the historic downtown, so within minutes you can walk to many of the attractions you came here to see. While not as old as many of the impressive buildings here, our historic inn was built in the early 1900s and so holds on to much of that old-world charm.
Our warm and welcoming atmosphere will help you to feel right at home at our cozy and comfortable accommodations. Several of our guest rooms include a private balcony to relax on. Our Florida bed and breakfast will be your ultimate retreat on your next vacation to St. Augustine. If you want the perfect getaway this season, book your stay with us today!
St. Augustine Boat Tours
The impressive waterfront of St. Augustine is a beautiful place to visit while on vacation in this gorgeous Florida city. But have you ever wondered what it would be like to get out on the water and experience seeing this incredible place from the perspective of a boat? Spanish explorers came upon the area on ships and boats and the city has wealth of maritime history.
In such a place where water is a major part of life, it makes sense that any trip to this area would not be complete without trying at least one of the many St. Augustine boat tours that are offered. If you are wondering which ones to take we have narrowed this list down for you. Here are our favorites.
- Florida Water Tours offers multiple tours that are diverse so you are sure to find the tour that suits your style! They offer Dolphin and Wildlife tours, private cruises, educational tours, and much more! Try the Full Moon Cruise where you watch the full moon rise as you ride across Matanzas Bay. On the Wine Tasting Tour, you’ll sample 6 delicious wines as you ride to the bayfront and an experienced guide tells you all about the local nature, wildlife, and historic landmarks.
- St. Augustine Boat Tours provides a leisurely tour of the Intracoastal waterway and Matanzas bay as well as getting out to see the Atlantic. They offer wildlife and history tours, a sunset cruise, and private charters, and small boat tours.
- Red Boat Water Tours has been named the Readers Choice for Best Boat Tour from USA Today. This is one of the more family-friendly of all the St. Augustine boat tours. They offer a Dolphin Odyssey and Sightseeing Tour as well as a relaxing sunset cruise where you can B.Y.O.B.
- Of all the St. Augustine boat tours Pia and Me Scenic Charters is the most romantic and intimate of experiences. Here they specialize in private tours where there are no more than 6 guests at a time. Get out on their signature customizable tour for where you’ll see Matanzas Bay and the wildlife here. If you are looking for extra peace and quiet try the sunrise or sunset tours offered. They can even include a romance package complete with flowers and chocolate.
- St. Augustine ECO Tours offers the most variety of all the St. Augustine boat tours. Here they not only provide boat excursions, but also offer kayaking, sailing, and private tours. They consider themselves an educational resource that specializes in conservation, wildlife, and habitat protection, through exploring the natural world from the water.
- Native Sun Tours is another one of the St. Augustine boat tours where you can get out into the water and learn about the wildlife and habitats that make up this unique part of the Florida coast. Here they offer tours that take you up the Matanzas River where you’ll get the chance to see Florida as it may have been before explorers and Europeans settled here. This is a great way to see the “real Florida”.
- One of the most memorable of all the St. Augustine boat tours has to be a ride on the Schooner Freedom Sailing Charter. For 20 years the Schooner Freedom has been giving guests the opportunity to step onto a piece of history and set sail. They offer a variety of day sailing, sunset sailing, and full moon rides.
- The longest-running of all the St. Augustine boat tours is the St. Augustine Scenic Cruise. This company got its start way back in the early 1900s. It has always provided quality sightseeing tours of the historic landmarks and natural beauty of the area.
The Best St. Augustine Lodging
As you explore all that this historic city has to offer, including going on one of the St. Augustine boat tours, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your comfortable and quiet accommodations are waiting for you just steps from downtown. Our St. Augustine lodging is the best place for ultimate relaxation. Enjoy our unique Florida bed and breakfast that reflects the Spanish heritage of the city. The many windows throughout our inn provide a light and airy ambiance to our inside spaces.
Your guest room will be your place to retreat at the end of the day. Each room is special in its configuration and amenities. You may want a room with a private balcony, or perhaps you’re looking for a 2-person jetted tub. Here you can choose the room that will make your vacation perfect and memorable. If you want the best place for an ideal Florida getaway, book your stay with us today!