As the oldest city in the US, St. Augustine has a rich, complicated history spanning more than 450 years. Which translates to a past full of stories—often the kind of tales told in the dark of night—about haunted St. Augustine. You’ll also find St. Augustine on the list as one of the most haunted cities in the US, so if ghost hunting is for you, there are many tours dedicated to seeking out these otherworldly phenomena in our area.
If you want to truly explore haunted St. Augustine, start by joining us at Casa de Suenos, our luxury bed and breakfast in St. Augustine. Not only does the history of our building go back to the early 1900s, but it was also once the location of the most successful funeral home in the city. While our Inn has been completely updated and remodeled since those times, we’ve kept the old world charm, though the past is never entirely erased.
Let your love of the season guide you to our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast. Each of our seven guest suites are luxuriously appointed with high-end linens, plush robes, and private baths—many with jetted tubs and private balconies. You’ll appreciate our connection to the history of this area while enjoying our modern amenities. Start planning your next getaway to haunted St. Augustine and book a room today!
Tour the Stories of Haunted St. Augustine
Fall is the perfect time to explore the stories of haunted St. Augustine. Luckily, many of the local touring companies include a spooky route with some of the eeriest landmarks, cemeteries, places known for unusual sightings, and even hands-on ghost hunting.
Here are six tours to check out to learn more about the history of haunted St. Augustine:
- Dark of the Moon Ghost Tour: This tour is at the historic St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum, a must-visit landmark on any trip to Florida. As part of our amenities, guests at our B&B receive free admission to the St. Augustine Lighthouse. Add on this adventure if you want to hear the spooky stories about the site and explore at night.
- A Ghostly Encounter: Take a 90-minute guided walking tour with exuberant hosts who know the dark history of this city. (We highly recommend this tour—we even offer a paranormal package as an add-on to your stay!) Stops include the Castillo de San Marcos, the City Gate, and two well-known cemeteries.
- Spirits with Spirits: Put on by St. Augustine Historic Walking Tours, this paranormal pub crawl leads you through a history lesson of the area with stops at locals haunts for a beer or beverage of your choosing.
- Ghost and Gravestones Tour of St. Augustine: Old Town Trolley Tours is one of the best ways to explore St. Augustine, and this nighttime tour covers more than 100 points of interest in the paranormal sense. If you want to have a more hands-on experience, take the Old Jail After Dark Tour, which includes a ghost hunting tutorial.
- Everdark Express with GhoST Augustine: This local company offers a few ways to explore the ghost stories of haunted St, Augustine. Take a ghost tour through one of the ancient cemeteries, be involved in a paranormal investigation, or have a beer at one of the well-known haunted pubs.
- Ripley’s Ghost Train Adventure: Try out your ghost hunting abilities at Ripley’s Castle Warden with your own electromagnetic field meters, EVP recorders, and thermal imaging cameras. They also have a train tour that takes you to some of the shadiest spots in haunted St. Augustine history.
We’re always happy to help with reservations and questions about our area! Also, ask us about the friendly ghost that resides at our sister property, the St. Francis Inn.
Special Touches to Add to your Luxurious Stay
Our guests are often amazed by the complimentary amenities we offer at our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast. Unlike bigger hotel chains, we can include more personal touches to each guest’s stay, and it’s essential to us to make every vacation memorable here. You’ll always find fresh flowers in your room, breakfast each morning, and lots of complimentary beverages, snacks, and desserts around the clock.
We also provide some exciting package options and extra perks to your stay. Small add-ons like a box of chocolates and wine upon arrival or more extensive packages including outings and activities. For those brave enough to seek out the ghostly encounters in haunted St. Augustine, book our Paranormal Paranoia Package, including the Ghostly Encounter walking tour for two and much more!
Sneak in a reservation just in time for Halloween or start planning for next year. Book with us today!