Finding romantic things to do in St. Augustine is not difficult. After all, with its history and old-world ambiance, it’s already a place dripping with romance. The unique historic part of this town sets it apart from other destinations around the country. The brick-lined streets, centuries-old buildings, and hidden courtyards make up an atmosphere full of intrigue and romance. The city holds on to a European flavor seen in the world-class art galleries, restaurants, boutiques, and architecture. This is a place waiting to be discovered all over again!
Our St. Augustine bed and breakfast is the perfect place to help you slow down and reconnect to your love. The serene and cozy ambiance of our intimate inn will set your mind at ease. We are located in St. Augustine’s historic district and are within walking distance to many of the incredible things to see and do here. Romantic rooms, some with jetted tubs and balconies, will be your oasis. If you are ready for the ultimate getaway for you and your sweetheart, book your stay with us today!
Romantic Things to do in St. Augustine
St. Augustine is a city where romance can be found around every corner. This historic town is full of opportunities and ways to say “I love you”. Here, you and your partner can slow down and stroll among the historic buildings, share a delicious meal at a romantic restaurant, and soak in the atmosphere of a bygone era. Here are our favorite 8 romantic things to do in St. Augustine!
- St. Augustine’s historic district is the heart of the city and a big reason why people are drawn to this unique place. A stroll with the one you love around this fascinating place is definitely one of the most romantic things to do in St. Augustine. This very walkable area includes many buildings that date back to the 1700s or earlier. You’ll marvel at the architecture that ranges from Spanish Colonial to Gilded Age extravagance. Stop by the many museums and attractions in this area like the Lightner Museum, the Ximenez-Fatio House, and St. George Street to explore with your sweetie!
- Watching a sunrise or sunset with your partner ranks high as one of the most romantic things to do in St. Augustine. The breathtaking Bayfront Walk here provides panoramic views of Matanzas Bay. This Picturesque walk is stunning any time of the day. You can look out to see sailboats, the Bridge of Lions, and the lighthouse. The walk starts at the headquarters for the Florida National Guard and ends up at the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument.
- Washington Oaks Garden State Park is a great place to take your partner on a romantic date in St. Augustine. This peaceful park includes formal rose gardens to wander, reflection ponds, and a unique shoreline where you’ll find Coquina rock formations along the beach. Bring a picnic to enjoy and feel the serenity.
- Indulge in a private sailboat ride to celebrate each other! St. Augustine Sailing offers a Captained Charter for an adventure out in the water. They have a range of different sizes of boats that go out for 2, 3, or 4 hours.
- Spending time at San Sebastian Winery is one of the most Romantic things to do in St. Augustine. Just a few blocks from the historic district this incredible establishment offers complimentary winery tours and tastings 7 days a week. Get a bite to eat while you are here at The Cellar Upstairs Restaurant with great views from an open-air deck.
- Looking for a romantic place to grab a meal? St. Augustine has no shortage of incredible places to choose from! A must-see place is Harry’s Seafood Bar and Grille that offers lots of atmosphere and serves New Orleans-style dishes like jambalaya and gumbo, with a twist. Collage Restaurant serves up international cuisine that is artfully presented in a romantic setting. The Ice Plant is a vintage bar and restaurant that is known for serving craft cocktails as well as delicious farm-to-table food. The building used to function as an ice plant in the 1920s.
- Relaxing in the sun with the one you love with a visit to one of many beaches in the area is for sure one of the most romantic things to do in St. Augustine. From Vilano Beach in the North down to Crescent Beach you can have your pick of stunning sandy coastline to wander. A highlight is Anastasia Park where no cars are allowed and the area remains a pristine place to unwind.
- One of the most romantic things to do in St. Augustine is going for a slow carriage ride through the historic downtown. This truly memorable experience will help you relive and get a feeling of the immense history of this city. Country Carriages, Southern Carriages and Distribution, and St. Augustine Horse and Carriage all offer multiple tours to fit the right one for you.
The Best St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast
This historic town is undeniably a place where you’ll find romance no matter what you do! After exploring all the romantic things to do in St. Augustine come back to our intimate Florida inn. Here you’ll find the ultimate serenity you have been craving. Make our bed and breakfast your headquarters for exploring all St. Augustine has to offer. Located within walking distance to many of the attractions will make your trip here even more enjoyable and stress-free.
Our casual and elegant guest rooms are all unique in their size and decor which makes your stay even more special and suited just for you. You’ll enjoy amenities such as luxurious plush robes to get comfortable in, wine glasses and a corkscrew, fresh flowers, a decanter of cream sherry, and much more! If you are looking for the perfect place to turn up the romance and reconnect in St. Augustine, book your stay with us today!