The ghost tours in St. Augustine are some of the best tours in the country and a big reason is that this historic town has over 450 years of accumulated experiences and stories to tell! These guided walking (and some riding) paranormal tours take you to the most haunted buildings and sites in St. Augustine. Many of the stories are true and provide a glimpse into the real lives of the many residents that have long since passed. History buffs will love how informative the guided tours are. You’ll learn things about this fascinating city you never knew before.
Let our St. Augustine bed and breakfast be your relaxing Florida getaway! Located within walking distance to many of the historic sites, attractions, and world-class restaurants this town is well known for, our inn is the perfect spot to set yourself up while exploring St. Augustine. Our romantic inn is the ultimate escape to let yourself unwind and destress. The old-world ambiance of our Florida accommodations will help you slow down and take a deep breath. If you want the most comfortable and elegant place to stay in the nation’s oldest city, book your room today!
The Best Ghost Tours in St. Augustine
St. Augustine is a city rich in history, culture, mystery, and stories. It’s no wonder that many people have claimed to have paranormal experiences in many historic locations throughout the city. Because of the deep sense of history one feels here, this old-world city has a naturally spooky atmosphere. As a result, there is an extensive list of ghost tours in St. Augustine. From light-hearted and family-friendly tours to one of the spookiest tours that will have you looking over your shoulder, there is something for everyone here! Here are 10 of the best ghost tours in St. Augustine to go on.
- Afterlife Tours started in Savannah, Georgia and tours became so popular they decided to expand to St. Augustine. On this tour, they only tell true stories at locations such as the Castillo de San Marcos, Tolomato Cemetery, and Huguenot Cemetery, where guides have done detailed research. These true stories make it one of the scariest and spookiest ghost tours in St. Augustine you can take.
- One of the more light-hearted and exciting ghost tours in St. Augustine is the Spirits With Spirits tour. This paranormal pub tour visits a total of 4 pubs where guests hear historical and modern ghost stories about each location. Guests are also given authentic paranormal investigation equipment to try out and see if they can detect any activity.
- If you are looking for family fun, the Secrets of St. Augustine tour may be what you are looking for. Master storyteller Dion Moore tells tales of this city like you’ve never heard before and has been doing so for the past 20 years. A fun and unforgettable experience!
- One of the shortest ghost tours in St. Augustine of all the ghost tours in St. Augustine is the Haunted Trolley where you’ll take a ride in a ghost train around historic parts of town. This tour takes place after dark only which amplifies the spookiness factor! You’ll head to the Tolomato Cemetery as well as the Old City Gates where many locals have reported ghost sightings here.
- An interactive tour is the Ghostorian’s Grimoire Ghost Tour where the guests determine where the evening’s journey will go. Offers true stories of actual experiences and factual researched history by professional guides.
- A Night Among Ghosts Tour is one of the more unique ghost tours of St. Augustine. Here they actually allow guests to pretend that they are ghost hunters! You will get the chance to use ghost hunting equipment throughout the city while learning the history of this incredible place.
- Old City Ghosts Walking Tour offers a great history lesson that focuses on some of the earliest colonial settlements in the area. From victims of disease to pirates, and war, you’ll hear all the gritty history of this historical place by guides who make sure to have the most accurate and up to date info to share with guests.
- West Gate Paranormal Haunted Wanderings Tour is another great one for those who love their history. This tour is run by professional paranormal investigators who give you the stories straightforward. This one may be for you if dramatic displays are not your thing. They want to provide the public with accurate facts and history without the spooky theatrical show.
- The St. Augustine Lighthouse and Ghost Tour is either a self-guided tour or you have the option to sign up for hourly expert-led tours. An ideal family ghost tour.
- A classic among ghost tours in St. Augustine is A Ghostly Encounter. On this family-friendly tour, guides combine spooky stories with humor where they will take you to 6 different locations telling stories as you go.
The Best St. Augustine Lodging
After exploring St. Augustine’s rich history through well-crafted ghost stories you’ll need a place to come back to and decompress. The elegant and casual ambiance of our St. Augustine accommodations will have you feeling like you are at your home away from home. Let our Florida bed and breakfast be your ultimate getaway!
At our intimate inn, each private guest room is unique in decor, size, and appointments but all have either a king or queen size bed fitted with fine linens to get a great night’s sleep, sitting areas to curl up with a good book in, and private baths. Other amenities include plush robes for guests to relax in, bath products, fresh flowers, and a complimentary decanter of creme sherry for your room. If you want the best place full of historical charm to escape to, book your stay with us today!