In our charming ancient city, one thing not to miss is the St. Augustine Distillery. They offer tours and tastings of their spirits that fully capture the true essence of Florida. The distillers support local and regional agriculture, creating a premier product ideal for sipping, mixing, and craft cocktails. The St. Augustine Distillery is locally owned and operated. On any visit here, you’ll encounter the friendly staff who are passionate about distilling and passing on the knowledge of the process to their guests.
One of the best places to stay in St. Augustine is Casa de Suenos—a premier, historic Florida Bed and Breakfast—with all the luxurious amenities needed for a comfortable and relaxing getaway. Our location to the downtown area of St. Augustine and the most exciting activities like the St. Augustine Distillery—you’ll be near all of the action but set back in a quiet, idyllic neighborhood. Head over to our booking calendar today and start planning your next destination vacation to St. Augustine!
Visit the St. Augustine Distillery for a Tasting
The St. Augustine Distillery is located in the converted Ice Plant building, which dates back to 1927, and much of the architectural details have been preserved. Established in 2013, the distillery was founded by 20 local families, who all had a love for fine spirits and sustainability. They consider themselves a “farm-to-bottle” operation, using grains only from local farmers and supporting local agriculture in the area.
On a visit to St. Augustine Distillery, you’ll be able to enjoy a self-guided tour, including an up-close look at the distillery operation, learn about bourbon and the barrelling process, and even a “fill your own bottle” experience. Most importantly, you’ll taste four of the St. Augustine Distillery’s signature cocktails, crafted by one of their talented bartenders. Be sure to pop into the gift shop and get a bottle or two for your home bar. Tours happen daily from 10:30 to 5:30 pm.
Other nearby craft cocktail bars for a drink:
- Ice Plant: In the same building as the St. Augustine Distillery, this farm-to-table style bar, and restaurant serves creative craft cocktails, grass-fed burgers, and local seafood.
- The Tini Martini Bar: Located in the historic Casablanca Inn, this cozy martini bar has a romantic ambiance for a nightcap with views of the Matanzas Bay and excellent people-watching.
- The Bar with No Name: This bar boasts views of the Castillo de San Marcos, fun drink specials, tasty bar food, and live music.
- Isabella’s Bar Cuba: This locally owned cigar and wine bar is an excellent spot for a glass of wine, beer, or port. Pair your favorite drink with a cigar and meet Isabella herself, a long-time St. Augustine business owner.
- Forgotten Tonic: Find this little hidden gem in St. Augustine’s historic art district for American comfort food, a thoughtful wine list, and craft cocktails (some made with St. Augustine Distillery’s spirits.)
One of the Best Places to Stay in St. Augustine
The Castillo Room (pictured above) is on the second floor of our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast; while not our largest, but fully appointed for comfort and serenity. A cozy California-king bed with lovely linens and bedding is the perfect place to unwind at the end of the day. A charming “Juliet balcony” opens from the bedroom to beautiful St. Augustine scenes and fresh Florida air. The private bath has the most oversized shower in the inn with modern fixtures and decor.
Our seven guest rooms are all unique, comfortable, and offer the classic B&B stay. We also encourage all of our guests to take advantage of our shared spaces—indoors and out—where you’ll find an abundance of seating, shade, and sunshine. We can’t wait to host you at our bed and breakfast in St. Augustine. Reserve your room today!