Florida has always been a fantastic vacation destination, and there are so many great things to do in St Augustine for couples to discover. From beautiful long walks on the sandy dunes of Anastasia Island and romantic dinners in the historic district to stunning architectural tours and fascinating history museums, there’s so much to explore in the Nation’s Oldest City, all while hand in hand.
One of the favorite things to do in St Augustine for couples is a tour of the St Augustine Lighthouse and Museum. Not only will you find one of the most stunning views of the city and beyond up the 219 steps to the top of the lighthouse, but the museum offers an intriguing look into the maritime history of our city on the Atlantic Coast. It just so happens that as a guest at Casa de Sueños, one of the most romantic bed and breakfasts in St Augustine, you’ll have free entry to this iconic landmark.
That’s just one of the included complimentary amenities at our bed and breakfast! You’ll be treated to a homemade breakfast each morning, an afternoon wine and snack social, and access to our outdoor pool at our sister property, St. Francis Inn. In your cozy guest suite, all perfectly designed for two to relax and refresh as they head out to explore all the best things to do in St. Augustine for couples. We can’t wait to welcome you to Florida; book your lodging today!
Things to Do in St Augustine for Couples: Romantic Adventures
Now that you know where you’ll be staying during your trip, you can start filling your itinerary with all of the best things to do on a romantic getaway to St Augustine. As a guest at our bed and breakfast, feel free to ask your innkeepers for personalized recommendations, help with reservations, or special requests during your stay.
Here are the best things to do in St Augustine for couples:
- St Augustine Lighthouse and Museum: This iconic landmark in St Augustine is the perfect date! You can make the trek up the more than 200 steps and take in the beautiful panoramic views.
- Explore the Lightner Museum: There’s a lovely collection of Gilded Age relics at this popular museum! The romantic architecture makes this one of the best things to do in St Augustine for couples.
- Elegant Dining: You’ll find a long list of fantastic restaurants for romantic dinners during your time here; a few of our favorites are Collage, Columbia Restaurant, and River & Fort.
- Wine & Distillery Tastings: The San Sebastian Winery is a perfect spot for an afternoon wine tasting where you’ll learn about the Florida wine industry. Or, if you prefer spirits, the St Augustine Distillery offers a fun tour, tastings, and cocktail classes.
- Old Town Trolley Tour: Head out on an immersive city tour with the option to hop on and off at the best attractions in St Augustine. The comfortable trolley is perfect for a leisurely ride for two!
- Hike at Anastasia Island State Park: The scenery at this Florida State Park is absolutely beautiful! Exploring the dunes and sandy coastline is one of the best things to do in St Augustine for couples who enjoy outdoor adventures.
- History at Castillo de San Marcos: This historic military fort is such a fascinating part of Florida’s history. Take a guided tour and soak up this fantastic architecture of the oldest masonry fort in the country.
- Tour the Old Churches in St Augustine: The Spanish-inspired architecture will be seen all over the city, but the old churches are awe-inspiring; they are all diverse and represent different denominations and eras.
This is just the beginning of the best things to do in St Augustine for couples on a romantic getaway to our historic city! We can’t wait to welcome you.
The Most Elegant Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine
By far, one of the best things to do in St Augustine for couples is to stay at a romantic bed and breakfast! Your lodging becomes a primary part of your getaway—a comfortable place to reconnect in the evenings and get a fantastic night of sleep is such a crucial element to a successful trip, especially on a vacation where the city is best explored on foot.
The Sevilla Room, pictured above, is one of our most romantic rooms. Located on Casa de Sueños’ second floor, Sevilla is one of the largest rooms, furnished with a king bed and a small work desk. The two-person jetted tub has a bejeweled chandelier overhead, and the bath also features a walk-in shower. Double French doors open to a private south-facing balcony overlooking the historic Saragossa Street.
During your stay, you’ll be in the heart of it all but set back on a quiet historic street. In the mornings, we’ll pamper you with a beautiful breakfast with seasonal ingredients and made with care by our on-site chef. Head out to explore the best things for couples and be sure to join us for an afternoon social hour with wine and snacks back at the Inn, the perfect stop before dining out at one of our fantastic St Augustine restaurants. Start planning your trip with the best things to do in St Augustine for couples and book your lodging today!