There’s something magical about winter in Florida, especially in the Nation’s Oldest City of St. Augustine. The city is awash in sparkling lights, the beaches are less crowded, and there’s romance in the air at every turn. It’s one of the best times to plan a relaxing and quiet getaway on the Atlantic coast. While the rest of the country is bundled up in coats and boots, head to experience the joys of winter in Florida—temperatures rarely dip below 65 during the day, and the evenings are best spent inside cuddling up together in a cozy room.
Thankfully, one of the best places to stay in Florida is our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast—walkable to all of the greatest area attractions, restaurants, and cafes—and beautifully appointed for relaxing and reconnecting on a getaway with romance in mind. Our historic Inn offers couples elegant rooms, spacious shared spaces, and complimentary amenities that you would never find at traditional hotel locations. Come experience the slower season this winter in Florida and book your next romantic getaway to Casa de Sueños today!
Up the Romance this Winter in Florida
For those visiting St. Augustine with romance on the forefront, there’s a lovely selection of things to do in the historic district within walking distance from our Inn. It helps that the Nation’s Oldest City just exudes a sense of calm, as it genuinely feels like you’ve stepped back into time as you stroll down the cobblestone streets and take in the centuries-old architecture.
Here are some of the most romantic things to do in St. Augustine during your stay:
- Anastasia Island State Park is just over the historic Bridge of Lions, and it’s a beautiful expanse of white sand ideal for strolling hand and hand or setting up an afternoon picnic in the soft winter sunshine.
- St. George Street is home to hundreds of local boutiques, cafes, and restaurants. Find a keepsake to remember your trip at one of the jewelry shops or gift stores. Stop off here and there for a coffee or a cocktail, and take your time to experience it all.
- Many of our local nightlife establishments host live music in the evenings; the city really does come to life after dark. Check out the most up-to-date listings with Visit St. Augustine, and you’ll be in a cozy bar with a drink and live jazz or blues as your soundtrack in no time.
- Dining out is always a fantastic way to connect with your partner, and St. Augustine is no stranger to fine dining. We like to suggest Casa Reina for its beautiful views and margaritas, River & Fort for seafood feasts, and the historic Columbia Restaurant for a cozy candlelit dinner for two.
- One of our favorite places to get pampered in St. Augustine is the nearby Salt Spa. Treat yourself during your time this winter in Florida with a therapeutic massage, an infrared sauna session, and much more.
Romance Packages at our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast:
There’s no better way to get romantic this Winter in Florida than with the addition of one of our exclusive packages. For example, the “Pampered Romance” is a perfect place to start. Here are the pertinent details:
- A bottle of dry Sparkling wine served in our keepsake Casa de Sueños Champagne flutes.
- Breakfast in bed! Enjoy our gourmet breakfast served in the privacy of your suite one morning of your stay.
- St. Augustine-made Savannah Sweets Chocolates in your room upon arrival.
- A beautiful and fragrant collection of fine European Bath Pleasures to be best enjoyed in one of our double jetted tubs.
- Relax and be pampered with a superb 50-minute Couples Massage at the nearby Salt Spa.
- Dinner at the Columbia Restaurant for award-winning Spanish and Cuban cuisine in a historic building.
Don’t miss making your vacation this winter in Florida even more special and unforgettable! Check out all of our excellent add-on packages at our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast.
Elegant and Romantic Lodging in St. Augustine
Each room at Casa de Sueños is unique from size and decor to arrangements and appointments. There’s a room perfect for any couple visiting St. Augustine this winter in Florida, but also year-round! Our elegant guest rooms all feature a king or queen-size bed dressed in fine linens, comfortable chairs in cozy seating areas, and private baths. Several choice rooms have private balconies and jetted tubs as well!
Our list of complimentary guest amenities is extensive! Some of these are a full gourmet breakfast, evening socials, evening desserts, freshly baked cookies, nighttime snack basket, access to a local fitness club, Wi-Fi, complimentary onsite parking, an afternoon at the beach, beach towels and chairs, central air-conditioning and heat, and much more. We can’t wait to host you at our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast this winter in Florida; reserve your room today!