The Nights of Lights in St. Augustine is a yearly city-wide tradition and one of the most unforgettable holiday displays you’ll ever experience! For nearly 30 years, the town’s Spanish colonial buildings and beautiful palm trees have been covered in twinkling white lights setting our historical town ablaze with sparkles. The atmosphere is romantic and magical, making it one of the best times of year to visit the nation’s oldest city. In fact, National Geographic Magazine recognized this jaw-dropping display as one of the “ten best places in the world” to see holiday lights!
After touring the city during the Nights of Lights season and attending fun events, our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast is the best place to unwind. Our historic Inn is located right in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of many of the city’s excellent restaurants, museums, and attractions. Our seven beautiful guest suites are artfully appointed with everything you need for a comfortable and restful stay. This is truly the ultimate place to relax on your next winter getaway to Florida. Start planning your holiday trip and book your room today!
The St. Augustine Nights of Lights: Happiest Holidays!
While you’ll be able to take in the splendor of the Nights of Lights from almost every corner of St. Augustine on foot, there are a few local tours, special events, and locations you won’t want to miss.
Here are the best ways to experience the Nights of Lights display across the city:
- Old Town Trolley: For locals and visitors alike, Old Town Trolley is the most popular way to view the Nights of Lights displays. Take in the sparkling lights, architecture, and historic buildings of St. Augustine from the comfort and safety of a trolley bench seat. The tour also includes 3-D glasses, sugar cookies, and hot apple cider!
- Schooner Freedom: Hop on this US Coastal Service-certified vessel in St. Augustine and view the Nights of Lights from the water. The Schooner Freedom glows as it glides along the coast with more than 2,000 lights strung up from head to toe.
- Ripley’s Red Trains: Each year, the Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum offers a Nights of Lights tour on the Red Train express. The relaxing route lasts about 30 minutes and gives riders historical facts about the city and great views for taking in the sparkling lights.
- The Tasting Tours: What makes a Nights of Lights tour even better? Wine, of course! Book a private horse-drawn carriage or larger group rides for up to 10 passengers with this local touring group, and they’ll pair the sparkling views with wine tasting.
- St. Augustine Land and Sea Tours: This local touring company offers an extensive selection of tours by boat or golf cart to explore the city. You’ll pass by the most lighted areas for the festival, including the waterfront, Plaza de la Constitucion, Flagler College, and the Lightner Building.
- Tini Martini Bar: Since the city is alight in twinkling strands, that means many of our fantastic St. Augustine restaurants, wine bars, and breweries will have some of the best views of the displays. This bayfront cocktail bar is known for having one of the most glittering displays downtown.
The Best Lodging to Celebrate in Florida
Our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast is the best place to stay for your holiday lodging. The winter weather in Florida is ideal, with mild daytime temps in the 60s and 70s, but the evenings can be crisp, which makes nights at our Inn even cozier. With only seven intimate guest rooms, you’ll never experience crowds or unwanted noise during your stay. And our extensive list of complimentary amenities makes your visit the most comfortable and relaxing choice in all of St. Augustine! You’ll find small touches like nighttime snacks and complimentary cream sherry to more extensive perks, including our heated swimming pool and beautiful breakfast service each morning.