When it comes to things to do in St. Augustine this summer, there’s plenty to choose from! It’s a pretty great city to visit any time of year, including summer. Though the temperatures are a bit warmer at this time of year, the sights are just as beautiful as always, including visits to the beach, which are always included in your stay with us at our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast!
As just as there are many great things to do in St. Augustine this summer, there are many great places to stay. Nowhere else offers the same exceptional accommodations, hospitality, and amenities as our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfasts, though! The Casa de Suenos Bed and Breakfast, a sister property to the historic St. Francis Inn, is located right in the heart of the beautiful St. Augustine historic district, and within walking distance to the city’s top attractions.
Here, you’ll enjoy a generous helping of luxurious accommodations mixed with old-world charm, and all the modern conveniences you crave. This summer, take the opportunity to explore the country’s oldest city. You won’t regret it for a second! Book your room at our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast today!
The Top Things to do in St. Augustine
Given that St. Augustine is such an old city, it probably comes as no surprise that there are a lot of great things to do in St. Augustine. It’s a popular day trip to make from cities like Daytona, Jacksonville, and Orlando, but you really should stay here for a few days so you can thoroughly enjoy the city, and have a bit of time to spend at the beach, too!
Whether you prefer to spend your time sunbathing on the beach, hitting balls on the golf courses, or browsing the streets of St. Augustine’s historic district, there are plenty of things to do in St. Augustine. As an added benefit, so much of it is within walking distance of our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast, too, which makes us an excellent place from which to base your adventures!
With so many great things to do in St. Augustine and the surrounding area, we’ve compiled a list of 10 of our favorite things to do in St. Augustine this summer!
- Visit the St. Augustine Beach! The beaches are beautiful, and guests staying at the Casa de Suenos Bed and Breakfast (or the St. Francis Inn) have exclusive access to the St. Augustine Beach itself via Our Beach Cottage.
- Visit The Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park – it’s the actual site of the first settlement in America. It was settled 42 years before Jamestown and well- before the Pilgrims arrived at Plymouth Rock. Don’t miss your opportunity to drink from Ponce de Leon’s Spring of Eternal Hope, either!
- Visit the St. Augustine Alligator Farm. It’s one of those quintessential Florida experiences that you really must have.
- Visit the Castillo San Marcos National Monument, which was built by the Spanish colonists in 1672. It’s the oldest masonry fort in the country, and offers some really beautiful views as well, especially at sunset.
- Meander down St. George Street in St. Augustine’s Historic District, easily ranked as one of the best things to do in St. Augustine. It’s a pedestrian-only zone filled to the brim with shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Cool off with some handmade popsicles at The Hyppo.
- Take a ghost tour! St. Augustine is considered to be one of America’s most haunted cities, and there are a number of ghost tours offered around town. The Ghosts and Gravestones tour is the one we recommend the most often. We even have our own friendly ghost at the St. Francis Inn!
- Visit the World Golf Hall of Fame, and maybe even take in a few holes of your own on any number of St. Augustine Golf Courses.
- Enjoy a bit of wine tasting at the San Sebastian Winery, which isn’t very far from our Inn.
- Kayak, birdwatch, and relax at the beautiful Anastasia State Park. The park features 1600 acres of pristine white-sand beaches, tidal marshes, and maritime hammocks. It’s easy to see why this is one of the top things to do in St. Augustine.
- Head out to St. Augustine’s Lighthouse and Maritime Museum. It’s a stunning and historic reminder of St. Augustine’s past, and from the top, you’ll enjoy sweeping views of downtown St. Augustine.
The Best St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast
As you can see, things to do in St. Augustine this summer are plentiful! Even if you’re just relaxing at the beach, it’s a beautiful place to visit filled with plenty of charm and romance. That goes double for our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast, which offers a sensational touch of luxury right in the heart of downtown St. Augustine.
Each guest room at the Casa de Suenos Bed and Breakfast features comfortable beds, private baths, and some have spacious whirlpool tubs and balconies. Each come appointed with a fine selection of amenities and modern comforts, too, to ensure you have the most enjoyable stay possible in beautiful St. Augustine.
Each morning of your stay, we’ll treat you to a delicious gourmet breakfast, which always includes two hot homemade entrees, varying from day to day, fruit salad or fruit soup, freshly baked breads, coffee and assorted teas, fresh juices, homemade granola, and cereal.
What more could you want from your stay? Come see why we’re rated as the top Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine! Book your room at the Casa de Suenos today!