White sand beaches, historic architecture tours, elegant candlelit dinners, and spa days: this is what the best romantic getaway in St. Augustine entails! Florida is such a beautiful place for a vacation or honeymoon, and so many activities are tailored for couples to reconnect and unwind to the sound of the ocean. There’s just something in the air in St. Augustine, known as the Oldest City; a rich history here sets a romantic backdrop.
The unique historic part of this town sets it apart from other destinations around the country. The cobblestone streets, centuries-old buildings, and hidden courtyards make up an atmosphere full of intrigue and romance. The city holds on to a European flavor seen in the world-class art galleries, restaurants, boutiques, and architecture. This is a place waiting to be discovered all over again on your next romantic getaway in St. Augustine!
Lodging is an essential part of your romantic getaway in St. Augustine, and our historic bed and breakfast checks all the boxes for a relaxing and rejuvenating trip! Each of our seven guest rooms at our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast is unique, with a different floor plan, decor, and special touches. All are designed specifically with couples in mind, and we often host those celebrating milestones, honeymoons, and anniversaries. Our welcoming and warm hospitality from the moment you arrive will set the tone for a fantastic vacation together. Book your room at Casa de Sueños today!
Best Things to do on a Romantic Getaway in St. Augustine
Romance can be found around every corner in the Nation’s Oldest City! This historic town has opportunities to connect and find quiet moments together. Whether strolling hand in hand along the sandy beach, exploring the historic buildings, sharing a delicious meal at a romantic restaurant, or soaking in the atmosphere of a bygone era—you’ll be in the perfect place to make lasting memories.
Here are our favorite things to do on a romantic getaway in St. Augustine:
- Stroll through Historic Downtown: Take a leisurely walk through the ancient streets of St. George Street, lined with charming boutiques, galleries, and historic buildings. Enjoy the historic charm and vibrant atmosphere of this pedestrian-only thoroughfare.
- Visit Castillo de San Marcos: Discover the oldest masonry fort in the continental US, Castillo de San Marcos. Enjoy panoramic views and step into history on a guided tour from one of the knowledgeable historians.
- Romantic Carriage Ride: Experience the city’s romance with a horse-drawn carriage ride through the historic district with Old Town Trolley Tours. This classic way of exploring the city allows you to soak in St. Augustine’s beauty while snuggling up with your partner.
- Enjoy the Beaches: Take a short drive to one of the nearby beaches, such as St. Augustine Beach or Anastasia State Park. No romantic getaway in St. Augustine is complete without a relaxing day sunbathing, swimming, or taking a romantic stroll along the sandy shores.
- Wine Tasting and Fine Dining: Experience a romantic night at one of the exquisite St. Augustine restaurants. Savor a candlelit dinner featuring fresh seafood, local delicacies, and a fine wine selection—a must on any romantic getaway in St. Augustine.
- Sunset Cruise: Embark on a sunset cruise along the Matanzas Bay or the Intracoastal Waterway with St. Augustine Boat Tours. Enjoy breathtaking sunset views over the water while sipping champagne and savoring each other’s company.
- Explore the Lightner Museum: Discover the grandeur of the Gilded Age at the Lightner Museum, housed in the former Alcazar Hotel. Admire the extensive collection of art, antiques, and curiosities, and appreciate the stunning architecture of the building.
- Relax at a Spa: Pamper yourselves with a couples’ massage or a rejuvenating spa treatment at one of the luxury spas in St. Augustine. Salt Spa is one of our favorite spas in St. Augustine. We partner with them to offer our guests some of the best rates.
- Ghost Tour: Experience a thrilling and memorable evening by joining one of the city’s ghost tours. Explore the haunted history of St. Augustine while holding onto each other during the spooky tales.
- Visit the St. Augustine Lighthouse: Climb to the top of the St. Augustine Lighthouse for panoramic views of the city and the surrounding coastline. It’s a lovely place to spend an evening on your romantic getaway in St. Augustine.
Enjoy our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast on Your Couples Getaway
Our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast is such a wonderful place to reconnect, unwind, and spend those special moments with your partner. There are so many fun things to do on a romantic getaway in St. Augustine; deciding where to start is the most challenging part! As a guest at our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast, you’ll know how to start the day, and that’s with our complimentary and homemade breakfast served each morning in the elegant dining room.
Our cozy guest rooms feature king or queen beds with fine linens, seating areas, a dresser and clothes closet, private baths, and many amenities. Several rooms have private balconies and jetted tubs. Complimentary guest amenities also include full gourmet breakfast, evening socials, evening desserts, Inn-baked cookies, nighttime snack basket, access to a local fitness club, Wi-Fi, onsite complimentary parking, an afternoon at the beach, beach towels and chairs, central air-conditioning and heat, and more.
For those heading to our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast with romance on the forefront, we have a great selection of add-ons and enhancements to really up the wow factor. The Pampered Romance starts with breakfast in bed with mimosas served in keepsake flutes, St. Augustine-made Savannah Sweets Chocolates, and a collection of refined European bath pleasures; all topped off with a 50-minute couples massage at the nearby Salt Spa and dinner at the romantic Columbia Restaurant. It doesn’t get much better than that! Book your room for your romantic getaway in St. Augustine today!