One of the best reasons to visit the Nation’s Oldest City is the ease with which you can explore. The majority of all the most exciting things to do in Downtown St. Augustine are in an easily accessible, extremely walkable, compact area. You’ll find remarkable architecture, amazing dining opportunities, and fascinating historical monuments and museums all within a few blocks of one another. Additionally, if you’re not a big fan of exploring on foot, there’s a lovely trolley system that offers tours of all kinds to get to know St. Augustine better.
Before you start filling your itinerary with all of the best things to do in Downtown St. Augustine, you’ll want to secure your lodging, and our Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, Florida, is the ideal place to stay. You’ll be in the ideal location to explore and have the most charming and luxurious guest room to return to after a full day of adventure. A stay at our historic bed and breakfast is all-inclusive with a host of complimentary amenities, beautiful en suite baths, and a homemade and delicious breakfast each morning of your stay. Book your lodging today!
The Best Things to do in Downtown St. Augustine this Year
Thankfully, when you book your stay at our bed and breakfast in St. Augustine, you’ll be in the ideal location to explore all the best things to do in Downtown St. Augustine. Here are our favorite activities to add to your itinerary:
- Stroll and Shop on St. George Street: Exploring this pedestrian-only thoroughfare is one of the most popular things to do in Downtown St. Augustine. Head through the Old City Gates, peruse the local boutiques and specialty shops and stop here and there for a cocktail and a bite to eat.
- Tour the Castillo de San Marcos: As the oldest masonry fort in the U.S., this fortress is over 315 years old and is a big reason why many people come to our town. Taking a tour of this historic fort is one of the most memorable things to do in Downtown St. Augustine.
- Explore the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum: You can’t miss this brightly-painted landmark in St.Augustine. Make your way up the steps of the St. Augustine Lighthouse for one of the most beautiful panoramic views in the city.
- Head to the Beach at Anastasia Island State Park: As the most popular and accessible park in St. Augustine, we always suggest that our guests head out to Anastasia Island for a day trip. Walk the white sandy beaches and dunes and hike the Ancient Dunes Nature Trail.
- A Tour and Tasting at St. Augustine Distillery: A stop at this locally-owned and operated distillery is the best way to get an authentic taste of St. Augustine. Learn more about the distilling process, taste their lineup, and get some bartending tips.
- Check out the Lightner Museum: This landmark in downtown St. Augustine checks all the boxes for an interesting outing, from stunning architecture and historical roots to the collection of Gilded Age artifacts inside.
- Tour the Old Churches in St. Augustine: The Nation’s Oldest City is home to a lovely selection of architectural gems in the form of houses of worship across the area. Each of these impressive structures has a story that’s centuries old!
- Dining Out at the Best Restaurants in St. Augustine: One of the best things to do in Downtown St. Augustine during your trip is explore the fantastic restaurants, bars, and cafes—you’ll enjoy seafood feasts, international delights, and much more!
The Best Bed and Breakfast in St. Augustine, Florida, for 2023
Before you start filling your itinerary with all of the best things to do in Downtown St. Augustine, you’ll want to secure your lodging, and our St. Augustine Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay in St. Augustine. Our central location is within walking distance from the best restaurants, historical attractions, museums, art galleries and the beautiful sandy beach! Cozy up with a good book or a refreshing beverage in our shared spaces with comfy couches and beautiful neighborhood views.
Wake refreshed in your beautifully appointed guest room with super comfortable beds, linens, and seating areas. Choice rooms offer private balconies and soaking tubs! Each morning of your stay, join us in the dining room for a wonderful and homemade breakfast in the dining room, and relax with a cup of coffee before heading out. In the afternoons, don’t miss our afternoon social with lovely snacks, wine, and time to mingle with other guests. We can’t wait to host you in St. Augustine; book your room today!